Friday 19 October 2012

What should contractors do to ensure they are compliant with best practice?

I was also asked: "What should contractors do to ensure they are compliant with best practice?"

In short, my answer would be: Think. The whole of the risk assessment process should, in my opinion, be a thought process aimed at reducing the risks (to as low a level as is reasonably practicable). All to often, it is a form filling exercise aimed at appeasing the next layer up in the project. In too many cases, the risk assessment does not relate properly to the site and does not address in detail the hazards that the site presents. Rarely are the risks assessments reviewed during the project and (in too many cases) the workers have not seen them or have given them only a cursory glance.
 
Contact me through my website

No comments:

Post a Comment